3×3 Basketball is coming to the Bellarine! Basketball Victoria is beginning to ramp up the 3×3 pathway with 3×3 basketball now an Olympic event. To join in the fun we are hosting an event here in Drysdale exclusively for our BPBA domestic and Bellarine Storm members. This event is for anyone looking to have some fun playing 3×3 basketball and if your team goes great you may even score an invite to represent Bellarine at a Basketball Victoria state qualifying event. All your results contribute to your FIBA 3×3 official ranking points making you a globally ranked 3×3 player no matter your ability!
Cost: $100 per team
Sunday 25th February: U11 Boys, U11 girls, U13 boys, U13 girls, u15 boys
Sunday 3rd of March: U15 girls, U17 boys, U17 girls, U19 boys, U19 girls
Venue: Bellarine Sports Centre (Bellarine Secondary College, Drysdale Campus)
Games: Subject to team entries but aiming for 5+
Eligibility: Must be a current BPBA domestic or Bellarine Storm rep player, no exceptions.
Team size: Must have 4 players, no more or no less. This is the maximum allowed for a 3×3 event and covers the team in case of injury.
Team makeup: You can have whoever you want on your team as long as they meet the age group eligibility and are a current BPBA domestic player or a Bellarine Storm rep player
Age Groups: By year of birth. Strictly no exceptions.
U11 – 2014 & 2015
U13 – 2012 & 2013
U15 – 2010 & 2011
U17 – 2008 & 2009
U19 – 2006 & 2007
Registration: The registration has 3 steps and must be done in the below order. Registrations close February 16th.
- Register and pay for your team entry through playhq link here https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/register/817846
- Get all your players to create a FIBA 3×3 profile if they don’t already have one.Go to this link and click signup in the bottom right hand corner to create a profile. https://play.fiba3x3.com/
- Register your team through FIBA 3×3 Event Page on the appropriate link below and add your players to your team.
Sunday 25th FEB (u11 boys/girls, u13’s boys/girls & u15 boys) link = https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/f24a18e5-c362-4f1a-82e7-6b98a20eef66/register
Sunday 3rd MAR (u15 girls, U17 boys/girls & U19 boys/girls) link = https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/05e02eb3-a8fb-405a-b951-468f8534886e/register
Divisions: Dependent on number of entries. If only 1 division teams will play for position based on ladder/pool position finish. Teams with Storm rep players should list A grade on their entries.
Basketball used: FIBA 3×3 ball. This ball is the same for all age groups based on FIBA 3×3 rules.
See rules document below for specific 3×3 rules of our event.
Links to help with player and team rego
In terms of registration, here are a couple of links off the FIBA3x3 page to help:
Creating a player profile
- Should be done by all players prior to registering the team
Registering a Team
- Team contacts go to the FIBA3x3 event page (https://play.fiba3x3.com/events)
- Search for the name of your event and select from results
- Click blue “Register Team” button
- Add in team name and contact email
- Confirm team registration via email sent from FIBA 3X3
- On team home page, add player and then search for player profile name