Bellarine Peninsula Basketball Association (BPBA) is a not for profit community based organisation with a history spanning over 20 years. BPBA was born from an amalgamation between Drysdale Basketball Club and Ocean Grove Basketball Club. BPBA is based at the Bellarine Sports Centre, a modern three court facility, with other venues at Christian College, St Ignatius and Bellarine Aquatic Sports Centre.
As a member based organisation with office bearers elected annually, many individuals give their time and skills to the Association to support the running of both the domestic and representative programs.
Here are some quick facts about the BPBA and Bellarine Storm brand.
- 2000+ Domestic Members, Referees and Volunteers
- Regular E-newsletter sent to over 2000 members
- 200+ Representative Players
- 21 Bellarine Storm Teams (2019)
- Strong School Presence via Aussie Hoops & in Schools Programs
- BPBA website attracted 862,000 page views in the last year.
Domestic programs include:
- Senior competition – men, women, mixed
- Junior competition – under 10 to under 20 boys, under 10 to under 18 girls
Development programs include:
Junior Representative programs include:
- Under 12 to under 18 boys
- Under 12 to under 18 girls
- Specialist camps
Senior Representative programs include:
- Country Basketball League (CBL) Men’s and Women’s teams
- Big V – Division 1 Men’s and Women’s teams